Can you believe it...still raining


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia
August 19th 2013
Published: August 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 19-Woke up several times last night to the sound of rain...this rain is unbelievable. Got up at 6:30 to begin my remote work. Non eventful day....Ken went shopping while I stayed at the RV. I can't even take a walk for a break...the rain keeps coming. At one point it sounded like something jumped on the roof of the RV...where is Ken?

When he returned, he checked it out and a small limb from the tree above us had fallen on the roof of the RV....probably water logged. Ken grilled pork chops and corn for dinner, I made some Uncle Ben's rice. We read for awhile and went to bed

August 20-The rain finally stopped! But it is still cloudy. Took a shower while Ken made coffee...I began my work day. Ken fiddled (fixing things, talking to people, etc). We had breakfast for lunch, eggs and sausage. After work, we decided to go out for dinner. We drove around the little towns nearby (and I mean little!). We had driven by Mama C's last weekend and it was packed so we decided to go there. It's a local Italian restaurant. It was delicious...the smell of garlic rushed past your nose as you enter. We ordered salads and they arrive with 2 hot rolls doused in olive oil, garlic and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. If you thought you weren't going to eat them, think again. They were so good-we decided when we come back, we will only order rolls and wine. We ordered a small pizza with cheese, onions, Italian sausage, mushrooms and banana peppers. Delicious...another little gem in the middle of the mountains. The place was clean, wood floors, a huge bar, funny decorations (even some Christmas balls hanging from the ceiling). There was a nice crowd for a Tuesday night...seems like locals-the best clue for deliciousness. As we leave the restaurant, there is a beautiful sunset...is that the sun? Wow, I've missed you! We returned to our campground...we are one of 3 campers. The host comes by on a golf cart and asks if we are going back out. If not, she is going to lock the gate for the night. She also asked us if we heard a strange sound last night around 8:30..what kind of sound? She said it sounded like a child crying in the woods. A chill ran through me. No, we didn't hear anything, not with our air conditioner on- it pretty much blocks all noises. We did see a bobcat the other day...maybe it was making the noise?

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is the day we pick up Lola and Bella (late afternoon) from the airport to take them back to their mom's for the school year. Ugh! It's always such a horrible day. They are always sad, crying and miserable. Makes me that way too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb