Rain again but then Sunshine and girls


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Clayton
August 21st 2013
Published: August 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

When we woke up it was raining again. After a shower, I had coffee in my office-see the picture. We left in the afternoon to head to Atlanta to pick up the girls: Lola who spends her summers in Las Vegas with her dad (my son) and Bella who spends her summers in Tucson with her dad (Lola's mom's first husband); Ken will take them tomorrow to their mom's home in Bryson City, NC. complicated, huh? I love having the 4G LTE/Verizon. I can be on line just about anywhere so I was able to work on the drive to the airport.

We arrive at the airport and get our passes to get back to the gates. Lola is flying Delta and arrives first. She is the last to get off and smiles as soon as she sees us. Her eyes are swollen from crying. We share hugs and kisses and she calms a bit. We have to get to terminal C to meet Bella...she arrives in 30 minutes. When we get to Bella's gate, Lola wants to call her daddy, so they did Facetime and a few more tears. Once Bella arrives, Lola's mood changes and she is very excited to see her sister. Bella still has the 'blues'; she's been crying and she is very quiet. She calls her daddy to tell him she has arrived safely and she cries again. After baggage pick up and getting in the truck, Lola becomes Miss Chatty and talks non-stop to her sister and Bella begins to relax. The sun is shining! Haven't seen it in a while. Bella wants to stop at either 'Johnny's Pizza' or 'Killer Burger'-two places she remembers in Atlanta. We pick Killer Burger, have a delicious dinner and the girls seem a lot better now.

They are having fun in the back seat, comparing summer stories. Ahh, I can relax a bit. Now we are driving back to our RV. We picked up some s'more supplies-seems like a good night for a campfire!

Advertisement



22nd August 2013

Poor girls, it must be so hard to have to say goodbye each time :(
22nd August 2013

We hate goodbyes
It is Emily, breaks your heart. Divorce is a horrible thing for kids..it really is. Love your blog.... and the video of Charlie dancing. I like it when he goes up to John...I think he wanted his daddy to dance with him???
22nd August 2013

Thanks :) And YES that is exactly what he was trying to get his dad to do, haha. Maybe next time.

Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb