Bucket List Adventures: 8 Passport Stamps You Should Get in Your Life


Advertisement
Published: December 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

At some point in your life, you're going to sit down and realize that there are a lot of places left that you want to visit. And there's no better time like the present! Here are a few passport stamps you should add to your bucket list.

Antarctica




Antarctica might be the most challenging passport stamp to get, but it's well worth it. Visiting Antarctica requires either working at a scientific station or booking a private expedition cruise tour. The passport stamp is shaped like a penguin, much like the ones you'll see there.

If the thought of seeing hundreds of cute penguins waddling around doesn't entice you enough to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise to the coldest continent in the world, then nothing will, and you may need to check and see if you have a pulse.

Akhzivland




What do you mean you've never heard of Akhzivland? It's a huge country filled with thousands of people! Okay, that's a lie. It's a 2.5-acre, self-declared state that has a population of two people.

It's located on the Northern Mediterranean coast of Israel. Even though it only has a population of two, as luck would have it, one of those two people designed a passport stamp, just so you could brag about your visit to a room that likely contains more people than that entire state.

Galapagos Islands




As made famous by Charles Darwin and his studies that led to the theory of evolution by natural selection, the Galapagos Islands offer a souvenir passport stamp that's shaped like a sea turtle and a hammerhead shark. The Galapagos Islands are in the Eastern Pacific Ocean, just off of the West coast of South Africa. There are 19 main islands. Just make sure that you stay out of the water, there's all sorts of things with sharp teeth swimming in there.

Machu Picchu




Machu Picchu has been depicted in many famous shows and films. It's an ancient Incan site that's part of Peru. It gets more than 400,000 visitors each year, which actually makes it the most popular tourist destination in the country. If you hike up the trail to the site, you'll get a passport stamp. And if you climb to the top of Huayna Picchu, you'll get a special souvenir passport stamp.

Canada




Canada is an interesting choice for this list for a few reasons. It's not a tiny island in the middle of the ocean or a little place on top of a mountain, but rather, it's a huge country. The reason that Canada made this list is because, traditionally, they don't give passport stamps, so having one is quite the achievement. To get one, you'll have to specifically request it. As you could imagine, the Canadian passport stamp is indeed shaped like a maple leaf.

Cambodia




Again, this choice isn't based on physical location, but rather, degree of difficulty. There are an unbelievable amount of steps that you must take to get a stamp in Cambodia. Crossing into Cambodia is certainly a challenge, and being able to brag with a passport stamp once it's all said and done is well worth the troubles that you'll face in getting it. It's a long process, so start as soon as you can. The earlier, the better.

Mongolia




Firmly nestled between Russia and China, Mongolia isn't very populated, even though it's the 19th largest country in the world. Annually, the country gets about 450,000 tourists. A decade ago, nearly a third of the Mongolian people lived off of breeding livestock, but after a brutal winter, that number dropped down to about a fifth. Now, a third of the population is nomadic. Due to the very few tourists it gets each year, Mongolia's stamp is covetable.

Cuba




Cuba made this list, just like Canada and Cambodia, due to how hard it is to get a passport stamp. Until recently, it was extremely difficult to get a passport stamp. While it's no longer impossibly difficult, it's still a fairly difficult stamp to obtain. Just make sure you have a specific license to travel there when you go, otherwise you'll have a lot of headaches. Thanks to how close it is to Florida, you'll probably encounter all types of Florida tourists during your journey, because you'll have to disembark from South Florida to get there.

Traveling is extremely fun, especially when you're going somewhere exciting. These places above are some of the places that you definitely need to visit and get a passport stamp from. If you're a seasoned traveler, what are some of your favorite passport stamps? Was there a passport stamp that was significantly harder to get than other stamps?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb