Stuart


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Stuart
February 23rd 2016
Published: February 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

We anchored on the St.Lucie River last evening after a perfect day on the water. A large portion of the rim route follows Lake Ocheechobee shoreline so it is always better to transit this section on a calm day. It is much windier today and promises to be even more so tomorrow. I was finally able to pull out my guitar and play without an audience At our peaceful anchorage.

The weather is not quite so nice today, it is more overcast with a little rain and wind. We arrived at the St. Lucie lock to see a dive flag and men working on the lock. We were told it would be an hour wait time but it turned out to be less. Lucky for us.

Today we are in Stuart at a dock in Sheperd Park with people walking by on the boardwalk so not guitar friendly. We have stayed here before, it is close to stores and restaurants and there is a nice Boardwalk. We may have to stay tomorrow to wait out the wind. Although we are in protected waters, there are large bodies of water to transit.

As we arrived a couple recognized Jerry and it turns out they are Cheryl and Dan on sailing vessel Curieuse. We met them in the boatyard and had Christmas dinner with them some years back. They have gone to lunch with company but will be back to catch up later today. They gave been living on their boat for many years, just cruising around.

Amazing all the people we know in the boating community. More on our visit tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb