Cool days on the water


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Lantana
February 26th 2016
Published: February 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We are slowly making our way to the Keys. Last night we dropped anchor south of Lake Worth in the city of Lantana. We took the dinghy to shore to the Old Key Lime House restaurant to listen to live music and celebrate my birthday. Good food, happening place with a good band. They played 70s type songs with the acoustic base, rhythm and lead, very nice. We could still here the music from the boat after we returned to have our rum nightcap.

We enjoyed visiting with Cheryl and Dan in Stuart. They are very knowledgeable boaters who gave up the landlubber life nine years ago to go off sailing and become full time live aboards. They mostly sail around the US and the Bahamas. I have learned a lot from Cheryl as far as provisioning, food storage and making use of every possible space on a boat. They are fine folks.

We stayed in Stuart an extra day because of the weather. We had high wind and rain squalls which has brought the current cold front.

We made our way along the Intra Coastal Waterway in bright sunshine with a cool wind. Luckily the wind was behind us and the waterway is protected. It is unbelievable to see mega yacht after mega yacht and monster size mansions. If the Panamanians could see these they would be astounded. The perfectly manicured landscape and shiny boats are quite a contrast from Central American homes we saw in Panama. The waterway is a good venue for rich property watching yet there are no people to be seen. Where are these folks, off making more money? Enough already, give me back the swamps with alligators, birds and natural fauna.

The economy sure has picked up in the last year, lots of new construction going on everywhere.

We may make it to Miami today but we shall see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb