Day 25 - Cocoa Beach too St. Augustine via Kennedy Space Centre


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
August 11th 2009
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

8am bags to coach! Only a 45min drive to the Space Centre - So we were there for doors opening at 9am.
We were there for about 5 hours - which sound like a really long time, but we still didn't get everything done! We saw where all the rockets are take off from, touched moon rock, saw heaps of different presentations, real rockets from different Apollo missions... where they do work for the International Space Station...
The only thing we didn't get to do because we ran out of time, was a simulation of being in a ship going off to space which we were really quite upset about!
Got into St. Augustine around 4-5pm. LV, both Michelles and I went for a little walk... St. Augustine is a really beautiful town. It's apparently the oldest town in the US, that's been lived in continuously from when it was founded.
When we headed back to the hotel, we found a bottleshop next door which had such cheap alcohol we didn't know what to do with ourselves! We ended up buying a 12 pack of smirnoffs between us - which ended up working out to each of us paying $3.50 for 3 drinks! Mind you... it's now the 14th and we still have most of it left...
We went out and did a ghost tour, which I was pretty nervous about, but like the water rafting it was really quite unimpressive and really tame... And waaaaaaay too long.
Headed back to a pub next door to our hotel called Mardi Gras. It was really good in there - cheap drinks, and it had pool tables, a table tennis table, fooze ball and a nintendo wii! Didn't stay for too long, didn't want a big night, headed back to the hotel and went to bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb