Day 26 - St. Augustine to Savannah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
August 12th 2009
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Only had one stop on the way... Then we were in Savannah by lunchtime. Had a walk, some lunch at subway, saw where the bench was where Forrest Gump was filmed - though the bench isnt there anymore. But saw the steeple where the feather flys down from! We had a look down at the river.. Saw one crack of lightening then it was all of a sudden poaring with rain...
Time to head back to get our room keys. Just relaxed in the rooms for a bit. Had the tv on, and every channel was interrupted by a flash flood warning for Savannah. “Remember if you're driving and you see flash floods... Turn around - Don't Drown!!!”
Had dinner at a little diner down the road, then headed back to the hotel for our big night out in Savannah - a gay karaoke club called Clue One!
Was indeed a very good night, ended up sining lots of songs.
Solo, I did Why Can't I by Liz Phair, You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette, Man, I Feel like a Woman by Shania Twain, and Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benetar, although the last two were fairly late into the night and the stage was crashed by other Contikians =P
Mich and I did 4eva by the Veronicas (which a special appearance by Brooke). The Aussies did Land Down Under, and Contiki girls did Stop and Wannabe by the Spice Girls - and So What by Pink!
I think I possibly went up for more groups songs.... Can't remember - we were there til 2 or 3am!
Headed home to bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb