St. Augustine


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
September 27th 2007
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Charleston - St. Augustine

27/09/2007

St. AugustineSt. AugustineSt. Augustine

Back of the fort, heading back to the ferry
Woke up early this morning and took a few photos of the campsite before I started to pack up all my stuff. The other group were packing their tents up but since we had none, we got our bags ready and threw them in the van. The whole group was almost ready to go but Dave was still asleep. We woke him up and helped him with his gear before we set off. After quite a drive we arrived at the St. Augustine visitor’s center and had a look around. We walked around the small town for a while and got something to eat. Hannah and I left the others to explore around and in some of the shops. We bought a few things and moved on. Again this town didn’t seem to interest us a whole lot, there wasn’t anything here. We met back at the van with everyone and headed off to old famous Fort which long ago guarded the river. We took a small boat across to the fort and a guide had a short talk about what this fort was used for and when it was built.

After a bit of a look around and a
St. AugustineSt. AugustineSt. Augustine

Cannons on the fort
few group photos we headed to the campsite and setup our tents. Some people cooked dinner while Tina, Jon and I went to buy some alcohol. It took ages to find a bottle shop but finally we found one and bought plenty of booze for the group. We ate dinner, it was ready by the time we got back, and had a few drinks. This campsite also had a pool so after dinner we all had a swim, some of the other trek group joined us as well. Afterwards everyone got changed and went off to bed. Hannah and I walked around the campsite for a while before returning and also going to sleep.

Day 34:
Charlesston - St. Augustine
275 MILES TRAVELLED // 6840 TOTAL
Ocean Grove Campground


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

St. AugustineSt. Augustine
St. Augustine

View from the fort facing the river
St. AugustineSt. Augustine
St. Augustine

Gardens in the town centre


Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb