Mardi Gras Parade Bystander


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
March 29th 2014
Published: March 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Universal StudiosUniversal StudiosUniversal Studios

Waiting for the parade to begin....and praying we get chosen to ride a float
Still no luck on being chosen to ride the float at the Mardi Gras parade at Universal Studios. Rats! We keep hoping and keep applying. Pleeeease pick us! We figure they select the folks who stay in their hotels first....the rest of us just get in by a wish and good fortune. Thus, we have had neither. We won't loose hope.....if not this year, maybe next. Always something to look forward to, I say. It's still fun to watch.....don't get me wrong. We visit with the people around us as we wait patiently for the parade to begin. This last time, we were well entertained by a jazz band which was festive. My photos of the floats don't do them justice. They are absolutely beautiful with all their bright lights and decorations.....as well as the entertaining street walkers. The jazz music is playing so the whole experience takes you right onto Bourbon Street in New Orleans. The yummy beignets added to the flavor of the moment, also. Let the Good Times Roll! We don't try to catch the beads anymore. I have a huge bag full of them and don't know what to do with them all. I suppose I could wear them and look like a fancy belly dancer.....I have the belly for the role, that's for sure. Too bad...they aren't a big seller on Ebay. Rats. When the beads are flung right at us, we just give them to the kids around us. They appreciate them more than we do. It's quite a mob scene trying to leave the park. We pass by the free concert area which follows right after the parade. This week, the entertainer was Gavin MacGraw...never heard of him! Someone had, though, as the area was packed with throngs of revelers. Robin Thicke is returning but not until May. Rats....we will be home then. No "Blurred Lines" for me. Oh, well. We'll just keep checking and checking to see if we get chosen to be fanciful, float riders......the anticipation is almost like watching to see if you have won the Lottery....with about as much chance, also. Boo Hoo.....paradise sometimes has it's little clouds. Can you imagine my blog IF we did get selected!! OMG.....you would be quivering as you read it.....just because I know I would be able to channel all the thrills and excitement through my words. But, stay clam...we are still grounded! Rats! Laissez les bons temps rouler! There will be no raining on our parade!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Floats...Floats...
Floats...

And horses
ConcertConcert
Concert

Gavin MacGraw.....at least you could see him on the big screen


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb