Early Birds & Happy People


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
December 21st 2005
Published: December 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Marce's mom, Mashenka, drove us down to Orlando last night to the sounds of Coldplay, Maria Carter, and Steph Taylor. We would have been listening through our old speakers, but Marce's brother, A. J., helped Allen install new speakers in Sirius (our car) on Monday night. Without them, we'd still be in Gainesville packing - thank you two so much!

We quietly crept out of our hotel room at La Quinta to let them keep sleeping, and we arrived at Orlando International bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Well, maybe not bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but at least we're awake! Interestingly, we've already seen some of the "usual" holiday characters. Our shuttle driver, Carl, was like a breath of Christmas cheer. We're hoping it wasn't eggnog, but his warm wishes and anecdotes were an unexpected break from the usual holiday travel crankiness. Going through the security checkpoint, we saw both ends of the spectrum. The first "greeter" looked like she'd had quite enough of the holiday rush, and actually stormed off saying "that's it - I'm done." We hope her holidays brighten up a bit - or at least she might be able to borrow some eggnog cheer from Carl for a few days.

They're getting ready to board soon, so we'll end here, but we'll be back...promise! As soon as we get to San Francisco, you can look forward to some pictures. For now, go support some independent artists and buy Maria Carter and Steph Taylor CD's for that special someone on your list!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb