We are outta here!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
September 9th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day. We have officially begun our trip! Finally we get to just GO.....no more planning, packing,worrying about hurricanes...'cause we are on our way! We picked up the rental car and left in the afternoon with the first of the outer bands of Ike coming in. The weather improved as we got further north. Didn't go too far today; just far enough to get away from Ike. We aren't in a rush; we do have until Saturday before we need to be in Chicago.

Now, what would a new location be without a food comment? The fav here in Orlando is Kobe Japanese Steakhouse This place is great with fabulous food and very attentive service. Never mind having the chef cooking right in front of you! Makes for a very fun and enjoyable meal.

Tomorrow geocaching will be part of our travel adventure. We will probably end in Alabama for the night. Maybe.

Advertisement



9th September 2008

Who hoo!
We got back Sat. nite and, today, the wind is blowing so hard, the windows are "bending." We should've stayed in Maine and you were smart to get going. Safe travels! Hugs, N
9th September 2008

Wait wait
Come back!! You forgot to let me hide in your suitcase!!!! Darn it all. Well, you just better blog about it every day then. *sigh*
10th September 2008

Let the good times roll!
Woo-hooo! The journey begins! When will you guys be in Seattle? I just contacted TedCool about getting together. Aside from the Project APE cache, there is also Groundspeak Headquarters there! We got invited for a tour there -- will you be in town on a Friday by any chance?
11th September 2008

"Bendy" windows!
Hi N, yep they will do that. It's when the building sways that freaks me out!
11th September 2008

Oops!
Hee hee, yeah well you wouldn't have fit in there with all the others that asked! Sorry! You live vicariously thru me and I'll live thru you girlie! Give that hub of yours a hug from me!
11th September 2008

Seattle
We get in on the 16th (Tues.) and the cruise leaves in the afternoon on the 19th (Fri.) We plan to be at the dock by around Noon. Only things we have planned is a musical (Phantom of the Opera) on thurs nite and one day we want to go to Victoria. You guys can't be the only ones to get to western Canada!

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb