Movin' north.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Montgomery
September 10th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We finally got out of Florida today just as the first band of Ike hit the Panhandle. We were in Florida for 2 1/2 days geocaching! Hey, we have the time and we aren't ones to resist caching.

Got an email today that our cruise itinerary has changed in that they have taken away the stop in Petropavlovsk, Russia. Dang it! I really wanted to go to Russia! I'm hoping that they will find another place to go along the route so that we won't be missing a stop somewhere. Angkor Wat sounds good to us!

Tomorrow should find us in the Metropolis area in southern Illinois. That's Superman territory!

Advertisement



11th September 2008

Dontcha hate when that happens?
How can they change the itinerrary at this late date? Grrrr!
11th September 2008

Cache away!
Caching on the road is always a good way to break up a long drive. Especially a long flat state like Florida! Cache on!
12th September 2008

I just wish that they would give us another port; so far we are only getting another "sea day". It was already 6 days at sea to get there from Seattle. Will it be 8 days to Japan? That's a tad long at sea without getting off! So much for our shore excursion with the ATV trip to a nearby volcano!
13th September 2008

Most likely the State Department posted an advisory about travel to Russia given the recent events in Georgia, and the cruise line decided to be cautious. Still, 8 days at sea is a lot, especially where you are crossing. I found out about your blog from Marc and Eliana's "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" blog. I think both of these trips are fabulous adventures and I hope you enjoy the cruise. I thought I might catch up to you in number of countries cached in, but I think this puts it out of range for me! Have a great time and find lots of caches )
13th September 2008

It'll be interesting to see if they can add a port. That happened to us on the Panama Canal cruise, a couple weeks before leaving they actually added a port in Huatulco, Mexico. Eight days at sea would be long, considering most cruises are only 7 - 10 days!!! I'm just so happy you got ahead of the storm.
13th September 2008

Give it up...you'll never catch us!
LOL! We hope to really load up on countries on this trip. Now, all I need to know is...umm....is this Blackfish? It would be good to know so we torture the right person when we get back!

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb