More to do in Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
October 3rd 2007
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

OrlandoOrlandoOrlando

Arriving at the Epcot Centre
Orlando was the second stop on tour where we had a lengthy three night stay. So since we did Magic Kingdom yesterday, today we could go to one other section of Disneyworld. We woke up and all got ready for a day of awesome thrills. We all met at reception but still hadn’t actually decided on which park we were going to. Most of us were thinking the future themed Epcot Centre but then Elaine really wanted to go to MGM Studios. We bought tickets for the shuttle bus at reception, the bus went to all the theme parks then back here again. Eventually after waiting a while the bus came and we were on our way. After a short drive we arrived at the Epcot centre and all got off except for Elaine, that’s when Hannah realised that Elaine was by herself and decided at the last minute to go with her and jumped back on the bus. We went through the gates and saw the giant golf ball shaped thing which was quite impressive so we headed towards it to find that it was closed, we were very disappointed. We looked at the map and it seemed that there
OrlandoOrlandoOrlando

An awesome space shuttle ride
were hardly any rides here, we’d heard that it was the best park for adult rides but there was nothing here.

So after having a look around we went to get breakfast in a food court we ran into. It was a very average breakfast as well. There were a few rides close to where we were so we did those first, they weren’t amazing but at least enjoyable. They weren’t the usual rides you’d find at a theme park, there wasn’t even one rollercoaster in this place. We were saving the rides we thought were the most exciting for last. We went on a ride called ‘Test Track” which took us in a car on a test run, it was quite good and when it was time to test the speed went quite fast but still nothing amazing. Afterwards we went on a ride which put us in a space ship and took us into space before landing on Mars. This ride was great, the G-forces on your body were huge, I felt so sick afterwards. As soon as it finished we lined up and did it again, best ride in the Epcot Centre.

We walked around
OrlandoOrlandoOrlando

Looking out at the lake in the Epcot Centre
the massive lake in the middle of the park which was surrounded by sections themed by lots of countries in the world. Because of all the English people in the group we had fish and chips in the England section. I saw an Australian section but it was pretty small. By this time we’d had enough, well Dave and I anyway. It was only early afternoon but there really wasn’t much in this theme park. We took a taxi back to our campsite and we were there before 2pm and very disappointed by the Epcot Centre. We met Amy back at camp who didn’t go anyway because she was running out of money and around 30 minutes later Hannah and Elaine returned from MGM Studios. We sat around the pool having a swim and a few beers, Dave soon went to use the internet and Hannah and I stuffed around for the afternoon. Eventually the rest of the group returned.

Later that night, Marcia, Lucy, Min, Sara, Dave and I went down the road to the carnival like area full of rides and shops. There was a small rollercoaster there but because it was raining they weren’t running it
OrlandoOrlandoOrlando

Looking out at the lake in the Epcot Centre
at the moment. We headed down the road looking in some of the shops and rides around the area and continued on until we saw a sling shot. There was hardly anyone out tonight to Dave asked for a cheaper ride, the guy took it down from $25 to $15 which was quite good. Dave and Marica went first, it slung them flying into the air then back down again it was madness. When they got off, they started convincing me to do it, there was no way I was going to do that. But eventually they convinced me, I went to the bathroom and got on the ride. I was shitting myself, I’d never been so terrified in my life. Lucy sat next to me while we waited for the springs to tighten. The guy asked us to check the seat beat, I took my hands off the holding bars and suddenly we went flying up in the air.

It was crazy, we rushed up into the sky at insane speeds it was awesome. We bobbed up and down while spinning upside down, seeing the ground above me just scared me even more. I got off the ride
OrlandoOrlandoOrlando

Middle of the Epcot Centre
shaking, it was awesome fun though. When Lucy and I got off we convinced Min and Sara to do it. Min screamed all the way up, poor thing. We bought the DVD with all three rides on it for $10 then headed back to camp. We met up with the guys who saved us back in Yosemite to have a few drink back in our cabin. Tina got so drunk she was making a total embarrassment of herself to these guys and us. Tina decided to cook sausages for everyone, even though no one wanted them. Everyone thought it was hilarious, one of the funniest nights so far, just because of Tina. Eventually the guys left and we went to sleep.

Day 40:
Orlando
0 MILES TRAVELLED // 7855 TOTAL
Tropical Palms

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb