Day 42 - Disneyland and 43 travel.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
July 5th 2007
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 42, 5 July 2007 - Disneyland Animal Kingdom and Epcot

Another full on day!

Animal Kingdom from 9am until 12.30:
Its tough to be a Bug 3-D movie; Kilimanjaro Safari; Kali River Rapids; Everest Roller Coaster and Dinosaur ride.

Epcot from 1pm until 8.30pm:
Mission Space ride; Test Track ride; Seas with Nemo ride; Soarin ride; Living with the Land ride; Circle of Life movie; Journey into the Imagination ride; Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3-D.

Again another great day and a slightly earlier finish to this one! After we'd done all the rides we wanted to at Epcot, we took a walk around all the 'countries', which were great. Unfortunately all the restaurants were booked, but we ended up getting fish and chips from 'England' and sitting on the lake eating them, which was really great.

Back to the hotel for shopping and a bit of chilling out in front of the TV.

Tomorrow we have another travelling day, this time to New York and this will also be our first one leg journey travelling day, with no transfers or stopovers - yay!

Day 43, Friday 6 July 2007 - Travel from Orlando to NEW YORK BABY!!!!!

Boring travel stuff today. We arrived at our hotel around 5pm and straight away went out to explore and pick up our hop on, hop off bus tickets. Out hotel, while being fairly basic, is literally a stones throw from Times Square, which is just FANTASTIC!!! After only 5 minutes in this town I totally LOVE IT and so want to spend so much more time here! We've already changed our plans for Washinton, so we only go for one night now, to give ourselves extra time here!!!

We took the night tour bus ride tonight, which besides the bus breaking down, was great. NY by night is, like most cities, even better, as you can't see the big city dirt as much, but even during the day this town is gorgeous. I got my first glimpse of the Empire State Building.... 'It was the nearest thing to heaven, you were there....' tee hee (that was for you 'From Here to Eternity' movie fans out there!). We also saw Rockefeller Centre and crossed the Manhatten Bridge to Brooklyn, which gives you the most amazing views of the city. I tell you, this skyline is to die for. I honestly can't tell you how much I love NY, even after just a couple of hours here. I can't wait to explore more tomorrow...!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0875s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb