Moving on to Universal


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
September 11th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well the best laid plans of the flock came unstuck last night when Junior chicken fell ill and wanted to sleep the afternoon and evening away. I must admit she must have needed it as she slept from 5pm until 8am this morning. All feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed today. We struggled to pack everything in our cases for the short journey to Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Studios, but finally managed it all. We had our final breakfast in the Old Faithful Club lounge and said a heartfelt thanks to our concierge's who had done such a great job of looking after us. 9.30, time to meet our ride.....
Just after 10am and we arrive at Portofino Bay Hotel. Breathtakingly beautiful views..... Can't actually get into our room until mid afternoon so luggage services holds our growing number of bags for us and we head off on the boat to Universal Citywalk for a look around and some retail therapy.
Citywalk: Interesting: A few decent places to eat, a limited number of retail therapy shops, but mainly bars and nightclubs....... We stop and have an ice-cream (cause the temperatures are still 34 every day) and spend a couple of hours looking around and then about 2.30 head back to the hotel. After a nice cool drink and an authentic Italian Antipasto in Sal's Cafe its time to see if we can get acccess to the room yet? Yes and it's off to see Dr Suess.
Junior is ecstatic with her private accomodations and promptly starts to unpack her bag and put all her clothes into the drawers (something we very much struggle to get her to do at home!).
A relaxing evening is in store for today I believe.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb