Homeward bound part 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
March 30th 2014
Published: April 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our transfer back to Miami Airport was booked for 11.30am this morning, so plenty of time to finish off the packing and a final grand Starbucks coffee. This had been booked a little earlier so we could get the booked three hours in the airport lounge initially planned.

We got a text from our friends in Dallas before we left the motel to confirm that they had already arrived back home.

We had originally booked a lounge for our time at the airport, but have cancelled it as we were not happy with its location and the poor services provided. This turned out to be a very wise decision.

Today we are flying on an Iberia plane, but booked through American Airlines. We arrived at the American Airlines check in desk about 4 hours before the flight was due to leave. We were told that as this was an Iberia flight we would need to check in with them. As they only have two flights a day from Miami their desk only opens three hours before the first of these. As there were no self-service check-in booths here, we had to wait in line for an hour before we could check in our bags.

Due to the location of our seats we automatically got group one boarding for this flight. We asked if we qualified for One World boarding but were told that we did not. We will have to look to see what the exact qualification is for this for the future.

We had good seats with a window and an isle and the food served during the flight was really very good. This was a 9.5 hour overnight flight which passed surprisingly fast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb