Meeting with friends from Dallas, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pompano Beach
March 29th 2014
Published: April 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our friends from Dallas arrived by air into the airport area of our motel yesterday. As we have been unable to fulfil our promise of hiring a car to take them around for the day, they have hired a car.

Our first stop of the day is Everglades Holiday Park where we went on an airboat ride. The ride was excellent and we saw many alligators and a variety of birds. We were a bit disappointed with the attitude of the park. It all seemed to just be about moving everyone around as quickly as possible. There was little friendliness and we felt a little like we were in the way. At least we had a good visit

From there we drove the Butterfly Farm in Deerfield Beach. We have been here before and thought our friends would like it. Here there have a lot of open areas where the butterflies fly loose, so you can get some very close interaction. We also had the opportunity to feed some of the younger parrots.

We got back to the motel at about 4.30 pm and agreed to meet our friends again at the restaurant down the road from our motel for about 6.30 pm as our friends had an early morning flight tomorrow.

Our friends decided that they would walk the mile from their hotel to the restaurant, but later on that evening, were beginning to regret this. A tropical rain storm had arrived for the evening.

We had another nice meal here, but half way through the evening, as the torrential rain was coming in through the open sides of the restaurant.

At the end of the meal it became obvious that there was no way that our friends would be able to walk back to their hotel, so we ordered a taxi for them. When there was a small break in the rain, we made a run for the small distance to our motel, but still got wet through.

This was a very different end to our visit to Miami.

Our friends commented at the end of the day that they have done things today that they would never normally do, but we think they have enjoyed their day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb