Day 19 - 21: Welcome to Florida ... ''The Sunshine State''


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
August 9th 2011
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On our last day in Texas we didn't really have a lot to do. It's not the most 'touristy' of places - which was quite a nice change really as we have been to a lot of very crowded places and Austin was very laid back, quiet and clean! After checking out we went to the Capitol building (their government building) for a look around. They were scarily strict at letting people in and I got grilled about what was in my big bag that I've been carrying round .. Eep. The building was really beautiful but unfortunately as we are both pretty ignorant of American history we couldn't really have been less interested. So to pass the time and get out of the heat we went to the cinema and watched the change up ... It's sooooo funny! Everyone should see it (except maybe parents!!). The cinema was an experiance in itself, they had a menu and when you got in there about half an hour before the film starts you could order food and drink and they had waiters coming and going all the way through. There was nobody screaming and shouting at the screen though as I've been led to expect from American cinemas ... shame.

The next day was our worst day so far =( After staying up all night for a 5:30am plane, when we got here we told the bus driver where we wanted to go to transfer to another bus line and she told us a quicker way. So we then had to get off in the middle of a thunderstorm and walk to another road, only to end up going about 5 miles in the wrong direction!! It was probably quiet funny to watch, especially as I was wearing white linen trousers which went totally see through pretty much as soon as I got of the bus!! Luckily the day was salvaged by a bottle of wine =D

This morning we went to the everglades to see the gators. And then went for a swim in the sea before that was stopped by another thunder storm! This time I could see the funny side as Liz's flip flop flew off as we were running down the road and even a man sat watching from his balcony laughed at us.

We're going out tonight, and then to a big discount outlet mall tomorrow =)

Nosheen & Liz

Advertisement



12th August 2011

nice
I hope you guys have lots of fun in Florida. you can check out this site to find more places to visit. http://www.travelblog.org

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb