1 Hurricane, 2 Hurricane, 3 Hurricane...ARRGH!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
September 4th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Gustav is done now but we have Hannah, Ike and Josephine marching across the Atlantic. Hannah looks like she will miss us here in South Florida but is aiming towards where we need to be going by train next Thursday. Ike is right behind and as of tonight, we are in the middle of the path they are showing. We are still not sure if we will have to reroute our return trip after the cruise due to damage from Gustav and now we are rerouting the outbound part! We are thinking that we will cancel our train from Miami to DC and from DC to Chicago and just drive. At least along that route we won't be in the path of any hurricanes! I've been spending a lot of time on the National Hurricane Center website. Just unbelieveable seeing that many storms all at once!
We are packing like mad and were supposed to have our luggage picked up on the 10th. I don't see that happening if Ike is going to come here so we most likely will just throw it in the car and take it up to Chicago with us. The luggage service would be nice as they take it from your door and it is delivered to your room on the ship. Tomorrow is another day and we'll make the final decision then and probably head off on Monday to try to get out of here before Ike gets here. I'd love to see them all just fizzle out but conditions are not looking like it.............

Advertisement



5th September 2008

Stay safe
Watch out for those pesky storms, guys! If you drive, you can pick up a cache in each state you pass through :)

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 999kb