Day 316: Miami, Florida (Pre-Cruise!)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
December 8th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arriving early at LA airport, we managed to get on a flight 1.5 hours earlier to Miami which was cool. With the time difference between LA and Miami, and the length of flight, it was still late afternoon by the time we got there.

It was a quick blat in the taxi to our hotel by the port and then we spent the afternoon hanging out at the very cool Bayside Marketplace which was nicely located right opposite our hotel! There was heaps going on - live bands, lots of lights, cool restaurants and Margharita bars!

The difference between Miami and other parts of the States was immediately obvious. The Creole food and music, the heat and huge variety of people and accents mark Miami as quite unique among the states and a very cool place to pass the time ‘people-watching’! Though probably 70% of the people there had probably just come off a cruise ship or were about to go on to one!

The next day we wandered around the local area, stocked up on supplies for the camera, etc and then took a taxi to our ship: Freedom of the Seas.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.473s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1918s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb