On our Way to Costa Rica


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
October 12th 2007
Published: October 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

OKay folks,
We are about to go on a dream vacation again. Just thought we would warn you that travel diaries will "hopefully" be heading your way again. This time we are really not sure how much internet access we are going to get but we sure hope it is going to be alot! We are giddy at the thought of the amaxing photos we are going to get this time. From rain forests, cloud forests, national parks, beaches, surf sites and more, Costa Rica is going to be a treasure chest of sights and experiences.

We fly from Fort Lauderdale to San Jose on Sat. October 20th, then we are driving from San Jose to Quepos that afternoon, which will take about 3 hours. Did I mention my sister Elena and her boyfriend Adam will be joining us - our first joint vacation! YEAH! So we will be braving the wild roads of Costa Rica and hopefully get some great views of the country side on our way there. Quepos is next to Manuel Antonio National Park - reportedly some of the most beautiful and untouched rain forests in the world - we are looking forward to meeting the three toe sloths and my favorite MONKEYS!!!!!!! I can't wait to play with the monkeys - our hotel Villas Nicolas apparently has a family of monkeys that live in the trees on the property - you know who is going to feeding them the entire trip!

our hotel in Quepos - http://www.villasnicolas.com/

Anyway, so while in Quepos we will be touring the park, going on a canpoy tour ( zip lining through the jungle) and hopefully white water rafting! We are there for three days and then we head up to San Ramon and the Villa Blanca Cloud Forest which is on a 2000+ acre national preserve. At night apparently the clouds descend it gets all mystical and foggy. Can't wait to see that. We get our own haciendas with spa tubs and fire places so should be really cool and for rainy days or nights we need entertainment apparently the hotel has a major movie theatre built on site by the owner who is a movie buff and shows classic movies.

Our hotel in San Ramon area - http://www.villablanca-costarica.com/

While in the San Ramon area we will be seeing the Arenal Volcano which is still active.....hmm do you think Jay's life insurance policy is covered by accidental falling into hot lava???? Just kidding. We will be taking a few nature tours including a nocturnal one where you can see flourecent bugs and plants. Horseback riding in the central valley and possibly a tour of a coffee plantation are hoped for. I have the location of a cool cigar store where you can learn to roll your own cigars and a farmers market where you can buy fresh veggies oh! and I forgot to mention we are going to visit a vanilla and cinnamon farm on our way from Quepos to San Ramon.

So needless to say as usual we have alot planned. So look out for our updates starting next week. Also if we can we will add photos to this site and since we are limited to 50 we will upload extra ones to kodakgallery.

Looking forward to sharing our trip with you.

Love Lara and Jay and by proxy ( Elena and Adam)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb