Mia-Mia-Ami....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
September 17th 2006
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

14-17 Sept


We were hoping to meet crocket and tubs on arrival but heard they were in Malaysia on holiday....

Rich´s first time to Miami, San´s second. We stayed in Lorainne Hotel for the 3 nights we were there and it does good deals off-season on weekdays (equivalent to staying in a hostel private room for 2). The little restaurant below the hotel, Siembra, serves a good mix of mexican, cuban and other Latino flavours and is highly recommended for at least one try.

San reckoned South Miami is beginning to show her age. She continues to be a made-up tartlet of flashy clothes, big blings and loud sassy chatter but from 10 years since San last visited, the corners are starting to wrinkle out, colours are beginning to fade and a botox face-lift is perhaps much needed. That said many owners on Artdeco strip (Collins Ave & Ocean Drive) are making an effort to renovate in the ArtDeco style. Some great places around that just ooz that 60s early seventies era of flamboyance and self discovery. Check out the fonts of the hotel sign boards when we post the photos.

Behind the pastels of Ocean Drive, there are numerous dance club lots that are empty and a number of empty, either abandoned or in the midst-of-facelift accommodation buildings. Perhaps the place is surcoming to the global travel competition of recent years...?

The 3 days were spend taking in the relaxed showy Miami strip ambience and watching movies in the hotel room (recovering from New York dorm life).... Didn´t really make the most of the 3 days but you´ve got to relax sometime right!?

So morn of 17th saw a n easy C then J bus combo back to the airport to fly to start some real travelling..... Mexico City here we come!....




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

More Art Deco on Ocean Drive...More Art Deco on Ocean Drive...
More Art Deco on Ocean Drive...

check out the dog in the car!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb