Shopping, Swimming and Cocktails....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
October 27th 2010
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

DAY 25
Woke up around 8am, had breakfast then showered and headed out for a bout of shopping. We started off down Lincoln Road Mall, where we discovered a lot of shops didn’t open until 10 or 11am, but there was enough open to keep us occupied. Once we’d walked the length of Lincoln Road Mall and back we headed down Collins street for some more shopping. I managed to buy 2 dresses and 2 singlets, Scott managed to buy 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair boardshorts and a pair of jeans. We then crossed over a street to Washington where we went into Kid Robot, which is like a toy store that Scott has been waiting to go to for ages. He bought 6 little figurines, that are really cool. He was quite restrained in only buying 6!! We then walked down to the end of Washington until we got to Joe’s crab shack. We had read they had the best key lime pie in Miami. You order from the counter and they call when your order is ready. I got a salad and Scott got a burger. As usual the meals were huge! However, my salad was really nice. We managed to save some room for Key Lime Pie, and it was really good. Really bad for you i’m sure, but nice. However, we have never had key lime pie before so who knows! We then took a walk to South Pointe Park, which is at the very end of South Beach. It was really green and gave you a pretty good view to the ocean and Biscayne bay. It was a little quiet at this end too. Once we’d finished there, we caught the bus back up to Lincoln Mall as it was a long walk and we were ready for a swim. We dumped our shopping back in the room, got changed and headed out to the beach. We didn’t get a beach chair as they were like $11 each and we were OK on the sand. Couldn’t order drinks or anything so we thought why bother. We spent a couple of hours at the beach and the water was really warm and just lovely to swim in. The sand was a little shelly for the first metre or so, but soon after was just soft sand. A little rain started to come in, but only lasted a minute or so. Once we finished at the beach, we grabbed a beer at our pool bar before heading back to our room to shower and change before dinner.
We headed down to Ocean Ave again and we walked up the whole length of the restaurants without finding anything as i was being a little indecisive. Eventually on the way back up i decided on a place that had a few vegetarian options and had ½ price drinks. The place had pretty loud music but in the end we got used to it. I ordered Pizza and Scott got chicken. My first cocktail was a Mimosa, which i didn’t realize was a champagne cocktail and it was terrible. But my next one was a mojito - which i love and it was delicious. The meal was really nice and afterwards we walked back to the hotel, stopping by Walgreens which is a 24hour pharmacy to pick up some bug spray for our everglades tour the following morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



27th October 2010

Food & Drinks!!!
Does anybody in the US serve normal size meals, not to mention the always huge looking drinks!!! Not too often we see you in a dress Leisha!! Looking forward to your everglades pics. Luv ya Mum

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb