Day 40 - Contiki Day 18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
August 9th 2009
Published: August 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Truck GuyTruck GuyTruck Guy

Guy riding in the back of the truck
Temp: 35°C

After just a few hours sleep we dragged our butts outta bed as we had a free brekkie and we wanted to make the most of it. It was buffet of just about anything you could imagine. Personally i only had a plate of fruit with some vanilla yogurt and a lil bit of bacon (which i still cant work out why its sweet here, not salty) a lil bit of scrambled eggs and a glass of OJ.
We were getting dropped at south beach by jerry at 9:30ish for a free day.
We headed straight for the beach for a bake.
We did some sunbaking and some swimming (the water was so warm it was almost too warm) then all of a sudden it started raining! It poured, everything we owned was soaked through. If that wasnt enough, when we looked out over the water in the the distance we spotted a twister! A bloody tornado, what the hell is up with the weather in Florida?
By this time the rain had stopped abit but it started again so we decided beach day was over.We found the showers, squeezed out our towels as much as we could then found a little cafe for lunch.
We caught a cab back to the hotel and spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool.
We got ready for dinner (which was free in the hotel) then headed to the coach for our booze cruise.
The cruise went for 2 hrs and it was open bar for the entire time... not good for a Contiki group! Everyone had way too much to drink.. but it was a fun night. If two hours doing that wasnt enough we then were bused to a lil place called Segafredo's Lounge. A few more hours was spent here before we decided a cab back to the hotel was a good idea.
Got to bed by about 2am.. What better way to spend a few days in Miami?!


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Life Guard BoxLife Guard Box
Life Guard Box

South Beach, Miami
The storm rolling inThe storm rolling in
The storm rolling in

South Beach, Miami
South Beach, MiamiSouth Beach, Miami
South Beach, Miami

Loz, MJ, Caddie n Me
South Beach, MiamiSouth Beach, Miami
South Beach, Miami

Loz, MJ, Caddie n Me
South Beach, MiamiSouth Beach, Miami
South Beach, Miami

Loz, Marnee n Me
Heading OutHeading Out
Heading Out

Mj and Me


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb