Sailaway


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Lauderdale
January 9th 2024
Published: January 9th 2024
Edit Blog Post

For some reason I couldn’t sleep the night before leaving. Ride to airport uneventful and the flight to FLL smooth. Check in routine and then took a little nap.



Marylou arrived shortly after Seven and we shared a salad and we’re in bed by nine. She had been traveling since 3am.



Beautiful day, we had coffee then went down to breakfast. I tried grits and followed the lead of a fellow guest. Added brown sugar and honey. Very good. Then I took MaryLou on a walk.



We exited the bar area to the dining terrace and found that all the gates to the pool area were chained. When we tried to get back in we found that all the doors were locked. Thought about climbing the fence …..not. I had my phone so I called the front desk and a woman came and rescued us. First time for her. And so our day began. Not sure what that portends.



Plan to relax today maybe nap and read. Tomorrow we sail. Yippee.



Did exactly as planned, a little sun time by the pool, a lunch snack that was delish and a afternoon nap. We went to Waxy’s Irish Pub for dinner and we in bed by nine.



Sailaway day:



Packed up, ready to go. The adventure continues.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.396s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb