Southern Caribbean


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Central America Caribbean » Curaçao
January 9th 2024
Published: January 9th 2024
Edit Blog Post

happy cathappy cathappy cat

With fish.
Two glorious sea days. My legs are giving me payback for my lack of exercise. Still, I persist. The ship is bulging at the seams but I am getting used to the crowds. We chose to eat in a private venue rather than the dining room where the lines we extremely long. Good choice. We get to eat dinner any time, the menu in basically the same as the dining room but with a couple of special additions. The service is excellent. The downside is that we don’t share with other diners.



Dressy night brought out the glamour. Unlike some previous formal nights, a good proportion of the guests made some attempt to dress up. Not a lot of tuxedos but jackets and ties, many long gowns and a couple that might have been seen on a runway. The age group is a mix but now mostly in their forties and fifties. Some young honeymooners and the ever present seniors. I found the cruisers very friendly. HAL is obviously trying to attract a younger clientele and it’s working, at least on this cruise.



Checked out the Rolling Stone Rock Room and the band was no
Seaview poolSeaview poolSeaview pool

Filming commercial.
where near as good as the one on the crossing in Oct 2022. Not terrible though and the venue is crowded from an hour before they play. Dance floor is lively and it’s fun to watch.



We have had two sea days as we made our way to Curaçao. The pool areas are crowded and so are the pools. There are no lounges available. I have been reading and napping in our stateroom and throughly enjoying myself.



Curaçao attracted a crowd so I went up to the Sea View pool. They were filming a HAL commercial so the pool was off limits but I did have a soak in the hot tub, stretched out on a sofa in the shade and read.



Last night we headed out on a Island Hop and Food tour. Had the same tour last year with Wendy and Bill. Love the architecture on the island and there are a surprising number of murals to enjoy. The only issue was traffic on the way to the beach for dinner. Many of the entrees were overcooked because we were later arriving. This spot is a a popular beach with the locals and there were a number of well fed dogs milling around.



The last venue was a rooftop lounge where we had dessert and enjoyed a view of Willemstad.



Tomorrow is Bonaire and I’m hoping to see my fish friends.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb