From West To East


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up at 7am to get ready for the flight to Orlando. We got out the door right on 9am, which was the time we'd planned on leaving. Not much to report on the flight to Dallas. We had a 2 hour stop-over which we used to grab some lunch - pre-packaged sandwiches as all the food places were closing at it was about 5pm local time.

The flight to Orlando was even less interesting. After grabbing our bags we headed out to pick up the minivan. Here is where the GPS got the acid test, and it passed with flying colours. The only problem is that it seems to have no POIs programmed, which just means you need to know the address of where you're going, not just the name. We can liv with that I guess.

We checked in at the condo around 9pm. Wow! "Canaveral Towers", a huge 3rd floor 3-bedroom apartment with views over the pool and to the ocean beyond! Not that we could really tell at 9pm... but we knew it was there. Penny's mother-in-law Jacki was on hand to greet us - staying up 1 floor - and had already kitted out the apartment with groceries etc. Penny and Jacki got the kids fed while we ordered pizza. I even got to drink some of Charlie's beer!

The pizza was great. We stayed up until well after 1am, still getting used to the time difference from San Diego - Florida is 3 hours ahead. When we crashed, it didn't take long to fall asleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb