Dinner and Cleaning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
January 30th 2017
Published: January 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Blog 01-30-17 Dinner and Cleaning

Sunday was a washout. I slept late thanks to the pitter patter of rain on the roof. The temperature was 48 degrees and laying in bed drinking coffee sure was wonderful.

I did get ambitious enough to go to the grocery store for just a few items then came home and watched City Slicker II. What a great movie, it was fun to laugh with it and get that feeling of adventure too.

Kat and Kim went to Walmart and when they got home Kat realized she didn't have her phone. The last place she used it was in the check-out line but now it was nowhere to be found. She checked everywhere then went to the Verizon store to disable it. She has a tracking device and could see it traveling down a street then it was turned off. She got a new phone and except for costing money all is well. Walmart said it is a problem with phones being stolen. It was traumatic.

Kat invited us all to her rig for dinner so we went there for happy hour about 5 and had a great spaghetti dinner complete with garlic bread. We stayed til about 8:30 then home and bed for me.

Monday was a much better day weather wise. The sun was shinning when I got up so after coffee I took Watson for a really long walk around the campground. The temp never got warmer then 57 but the sun was shinning and it sure felt warmer. We went farther than we ever did and I felt great, no back or foot pain , must be the warm temps and lots of walking.

At 1pm a company came to my campsite to wash my van. We are not allowed to wash our own rigs because of water use but the company brings their own. They gently power washed my camper and car then waxed them both. Now you have to wear sun glasses when looking my way.

At 5 Ginnie picked Kat and me up in her golf cart to go to the rec hall to get their cards for bingo. It is a very serious business around here and you have to go early to get a seat. Bingo starts at 6:30 but the place fills up by 5:45. The food trucks were in the parking lot again so we had to see who was there. Kat had a huge burger and Ginnie and I had ice cream.

I came home and settled in for night.

The weather has not been great to do many things but we have several activities scheduled this week. The weather is supposed to be really nice all this week, hope to see some wildlife.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb