Clearwater Beach, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clearwater
April 1st 2013
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

January 24, 2013



We left home a few days early for our Western Caribbean Cruise aboard the Norwegian Pearl, so we could revisit Clearwater Beach.



Every year during Spring Break when the boys were growing up we would drive to Florida, and more often than not, spend at least one day relaxing on the beautiful white sand of Clearwater Beach. It had been a number of years since we had been there, so decided a reunion visit was due.



Since we were not there at Spring Break this year, we did not have to contend with the crowd, traffic, and parking. I don’t remember the round-a-bout, but otherwise, the area seemed familiar. (Sorry to the city planners, if a lot more had been done that I didn’t see.) We parked at the parking lot at Pier 60. You pay in advance according to how long you expect to relax.



Our January day was not as warm as late March always was, so we decided not to sun bath. We walked out on the pier, and then south along the water’s edge. It seems they have created an oasis like area with some Palm Trees and walkways in that area that we didn’t remember from years past. It was very nice.



There is a wide expanse of sand at Clearwater Beach. Plenty of space to stake out your area. You'll find volleyball nets, and more than enough cabanas to rent. They also have a trolley that runs along the main drag that is handy for those staying at the hotels in the area, and there are plenty of restaurants to tempt you. If you check the web you’ll find a list of the many hotels, their rates, and reviews.



We enjoyed our reunion with Clearwater Beach, and fondly reflected on our many family visits. While there are numerous fantastic beaches in the US, Clearwater will always be one of our favorites.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb