Moving day


Advertisement
Published: October 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Mark and Liz-

Current location- Southeast DC

Right now Mark and I are sitting on the couch of a very nice friend- Thanks A. and B. Darconte who offer their spare bedroom to us the night before setting off. And boy are we glad they offered because our plan to pack the mattress tomorrow morning would have seriously back fired. The truck is FULL- see picture. We hired a nice law student to help us load the truck and most of the moving was finished in two hours. Today we started the day off with steak, eggs and mimosas to celebrate the day ahead of us- and to get rid of the left over food. We visited the u-haul store so much that they knew us by name by the end of the day. Speaking of u-haul, do you KNOW how much bubble wrap is going for these days? We even shopped around. We spent approximately $70 just on that stuff. We got most of the boxes for free, but may not be able to eat on the road bc of the amount we spent on wrapping...i kid, i kid.

Tomorrow we plan to leave at 5:30 am and will arrive in Memphis approximately 15 hours later. I'll be accepting calls all day tomorrow.

We leave for Harrisonville on Sunday morning.

I would like to write a longer, wittier entry, but am so exhausted I'm having a difficult time typing, let alone forming sentences. Mark did lots of the heavy, frustrating lifting today, so I know that he has to be absolutely pooped. Were not looking forward to the long haul drive tomorrow, but are excited for the adventure to begin!

Also, thanks to Mark's parents for all of the wonderful packing help.

Liz (and Mark)

Advertisement



25th October 2009

Good luck
Hey guys. Good luck on your adventure! If/when you find yourself visiting San Diego you have a nice room to stay in! Keep in touch.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb