House of Bush


Advertisement
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

#3 Washington DC

On Tuesday ADam and I took an overnight train to DC. Never ride Amtrak! It was a crap experience...3 hours late...retarded air conditioner. When we arrived in DC it was great walking around and seeing all the major attractions. We found DC to be a real international crossroads. The deep southern drawl of a few days ago was replaced by 20 different languages. We heard French, Chinese, Korean, German, Spanish, Russian, and about 15 other languages as we strolled around. The other great thing about Washington is that everything is free. Well, food and beer aren't exactly free, but everything else is. ADam and I spent hours walking around without having to pay any sort of an enterance fee.

First, we went to the monuments. The Washington Monument is big. It dominates the skyline and can be seen from almost everywhere. The Lincoln Memorial is big too. It makes people look like dwarfs. The White House is well guarded. In fact there isn't a single trash can within a two block radius of the place. I remember this becasue I was trying to throw away an empty coffee cup and had a hell of a time finding a bin to stash my nukes. Also, the fuzz were thick patrolling the area. Some guy stepped off the sidewalk and received a good ol' tongue lashing. "Sir, get off the road!" Wow! William Wallace would be quaking in his freedom loving boots...or Mel Gibson going on a freakout. The monuments are really nice and well visited.


Later on, we hit the museum circuit. At the National Air and Space Museum we saw a huge USSR missle from the cold war, the Wright Brother's plane, and the Moon Rover (the car thing that drove on the moon). At the National Art Museum we saw DaVinci's other portrait. Other than the Mona Lisa, this is the only other portrait painted by DaVinci. So, it was like seeing the Mona Lisa without all the hype and crowds. Oh, who am I fooling... At the Natural History Museum we saw the Hope Diamond (it would give Gollum some serious wood) and dinosaurs. By then ADam and I had been looking at a million different things for hours upon hours. We were getting frazzled and had to call it a day.


Thanks for everyone who has left a comment. I've enjoyed reading them all. Thanks Chang Gyu for representing the GVC. Sorry I missed you AJ. D and Maya repping the whitey friends. SaeHwa and Chester..thanks for the comments. Hi to Amy, Chris, YoungEun, Tick, Gary, and the rest of my students. Please keep the comments coming!

We're leaving for India in 6 hours!

ADam and Mike


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th August 2007

ADam vs. T-Rex
Glad to hear you guys had a nice time in DC. Its a great city. Enjoy India. I think ADam would completely beat up on the T-Rex. She's scary.
28th August 2007

Hey gang!
Dear Bubunim, Glad to see you two are having fun in the democratic epicentre! I had a great trip to Japan but for one minor detail. Mike, could you please send me your email address so I can write to you? I miss you both, happy travels!
30th August 2007

Lucky Noons
You're lucky your wife is such a good model! There are some awesome pics! By the way speaking of major wood how's that Washington Monument for ya?
1st September 2007

hey~ mike and adam
hi~ where r u? looks like happy~! dont go india? NNN Dô( pìt ð}XtŒ~ Ètl L H€|~

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb