Washington DC- Monuments and Museums


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WashingtonWashingtonWashington

The White House.
Washington DC- Whenever you think of America a thousand stereotypical images enters your mind. We decided to investigate some of them and try out the local cuisine as well as seeing all the sites.

The people in Washington-DC are super friendly, people have always been keen to give us directions or help when we have looked a bit lost or just wanted to ask something (the only exception being at the airport where this chick couldn’t understand our accent).

We have been to a fair amount of the sites. Our first day was very hot and sunny; we walked around everywhere visiting the Whitehouse, WWII memorial and reflection pool in front of the Lincoln memorial and also the Smithsonian Castle. We had New York style pizza for lunch and Starbucks for afternoon tea.

That night we did a tour of Georgetown and saw where JFK lived before he was president, the steps where the Exorcist scene was shot and Georgetown University. We followed up the tour with budwiesers and chilli chicken wings at the Rhino sports bar where we watched some basketball and chatted to people. We didn’t get in until late but it was great.
American PizzaAmerican PizzaAmerican Pizza

Supersized!

Today is our last day in Washington and our last day of holiday. We explored the Smithsonian Air and Space museum today which was amazing; I couldn’t even list everything that is cool there, after we went to the Capitol building. We had hotdogs for lunch which was cool and I had a supersize sundae later on in the day- everything is super size even if it is small.

We have had an unbelievable time on our trip and yet we can’t wait to get home to see everyone and our Rosie of course. Goodbye Unites States, hello Australia (after like 2 days of travel time).



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lincoln MemorialLincoln Memorial
Lincoln Memorial

The big fella


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb