Casino Night!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut
October 17th 2006
Published: October 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

CASINO NIGHT at FOXWOODS off exit 92 on I-95

So I drove into the Casino Parking garage and went into the building. Didn't get carded. Must be getting old! Met up with Noelle, my second-cousin and her friend Rachel and we proceeded to the Bingo Hall with 10 dollars and some hopes of good luck. Purchased a booklet of bigno cards and went inside. There must have been 973 people in there. This room was about .25 miles long and half as wide. HUGE flippin' place. Starting a new section of seats, we got our blot markers and were explained the whole process by Noelle, a seasoned veteran, and the shinanigans began. The ball rolls up, it's on all these TV screens all around the room, it's called, you mark it, next ball comes up within 2 seconds of the last one. This caller guy must have been born with a hand for twisting balls around cuz everytime they pop up out of the machine, he's got to turn them into the camera. Wow. After 4 hours of doing about 50 balls per game! Wow. That's dedication.

Let's take a look around the room, shall we? We've got people
A candid of the tableA candid of the tableA candid of the table

That's Rachel and James. Lovely folk.
who look like they were born in this room. They have food, a whole assortment of good luck charms around them on the table ranging from knit tissue boxes that say "I <3 BINGO" to necklaces with rhinestones falling out of them. There average age is about 65 (the 5 of us 22 year olds dropped the mean considerably). There is a woman who doesn't look like she can raise her hand to make the stamps and has a roller oxygen tank parked next to her table. Once again, dedication. Near the back of the room are restrooms and a stand stationed by a woman selling stamp markers that leave an imprint in the shape of Elvis's head. If I won anything, I was gonna splurge and play with those for the rest of the night.

Ok, so this is an Indian Reservation Casino, right? When I went up to get a snack from the snack bar, they had bags of chips with big schooners on them (meaning ships). The very same ships that brough the white man to this country and displaced and devistated the Native American Population. Now the vessels of destruction are just pictured on the 50 cent bags of chips. Seems ironic.

None of us won anything, but this one guy got to go into the Money Machine during Intermission for winning the orange "Magic T" board. It's this plastic small room thing where money comes in and swirls around your head and you grab as much as you can in a certain amount of time. Pretty heart-racing. He didn't look like his heart was racing though. The dude just kind of reached out grabbed a bill, reached out grabbed another one. I would have been goin' berserk in there. Where's the dedication!?

Anyways, stories were shared, laughs were had. I was the funniest one there it was great. Whatever I said everyone found hilarious. Good feeling.

That was pretty much the extent of my first casino experience. 4 and a half hours of BINGO. WHEW!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb