Emma Watt's abode


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Lancaster
November 2nd 2006
Published: November 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Contrasting DogsContrasting DogsContrasting Dogs

One was old and sweet, the other young and penetrating
After a few weeks at home, going stir crazy to get on the road again, the South East Route began on November 2, 2006 with a visit to Emma Watts in Lancaster, PA. Arriving in the evening, I became reacquainted with her parents and acquainted with her beautiful home and two contrasting dogs. Going out to a local pub in Lancaster, we ordered an appletini and a tall, dark and handsometini and used them to elevating our already much needed conversation to a level of brilliance. Any two people who have spent so much time dodging between good friends and acquaintances that know the same people would have been jealous to have the conversation we had. Her job, my tour, her family, my family, her future, my future, one common friend of ours who was recently incarcerated, another common friend's gallivanting, hopes dreams fears, the whole 10 yards. After finishing our drinks and words of inspiration, we retired to Emma's home once again to tuck in and sleep after a long day.
The next day, we both woke to a house with only two contrasting dogs and a container of left over vegetarian lasagna. We drove to Emma's sister's house where
Contrasting DogsContrasting DogsContrasting Dogs

One was old and sweet, the other young and penetrating
her mother was babysitting for the nieces and nephews. I was so jealous of her in that she got to introduce me to her nieces and nephews while mine were only introducible though stories and memories.
After this introduction, we returned to Emma's home and preceded to enjoy a much-needed lazy afternoon of watching an MTV special on how sex is portrayed in Hollywood, more lasagna and big cushy leather couches. Around 3:00 I hit the road for Dan's apartment in Columbia, MD.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb