Helping the World


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut
March 20th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

There are many terrible situations around the world. Situations like education, health, money, and etc. There are many different organizations that try to help with these situations. There are many organizations that help people for a profit for themselves other organizations work to help the situations for free. One organization that is nonprofit is called Alex Lemonade Stand Foundation. The organization was started Alexandra Scott. She was diagnosed with neuroblastoma. Alex wanted to raise money so that doctors can help children in need. She opened a lemonade stand ans raised $2,000. The lemonade stand then turned into the Alex Lemonade Stand Foundation. Alex continued raising money and selling lemonade most of her life. She raised about $1 million for the foundations. Although Alex enjoyed helping, she died at the age of 8 on August 2004. Even though Alex passed away Alex's Lemonade Stand sponsors fund raise world while every June. Every there are about 10,000 volunteers that help withe the fundraising The fundraisers raise more than $2,000 each year to help children with cancer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb