On the Road!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
September 26th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Loaded and on our wayLoaded and on our wayLoaded and on our way

Camping on the way to San Diego...
Jo says...
Mileage today: 28.4
Total miles: 28.4
Flats today: 2
Total Flats: 2
The marine layer was just beginning to lift when we dipped our rear tires in the ocean and waved farewell to Shawne's dad at Ocean Beach, CA (around noon, of course). Road construction and steep hills greeted us almost instantly. Shawne got the first flat of the trip on his BOB trailer, and conveniently, it was right in front of a Roberto's Taco Shop. Roberto's is Shawne's very favorite restaurant in the universe, so it worked out nicely. After stuffing ourselves with great Mexican food and fixing the flat, we hit the road again. We were only a few miles from camp, so we thought we'd take it easy on the way in. About a mile down the road, we rounded a bend, and with a sinking feeling, saw the grade we had to climb to get the last few miles to camp. Trying not to lose all that great Mexican food on the climb was a chore, but we made it with only one more flat on Shawne's trailer. The road to the campground was not marked, so we missed it and had to spend the night at an RV campground.
The RV campground charged us $25 to pitch a tent but the bathrooms were beautiful and clean, and we enjoyed both the hot tub and the swimming pool. We discovered cactus gardens around every corner, and we had very polite neighbors.
A nice ending to our first day on the road...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Mile marker 0.0Mile marker 0.0
Mile marker 0.0

The ceremonial dipping of the rear tire in the Pacific Ocean...
Loaded and on our wayLoaded and on our way
Loaded and on our way

Camping on the way to San Diego...


28th September 2006

Pizza does a body good!
Love you guys! I'm so happy that you have this blog thingy for us!! Now I dont have to worry so much! AWWWWWWWWWW XOXOXOXO
28th September 2006

We Miss You
You are finally on your way! The picures look great. You are in our thoughts and prayers that you have good weather and make it home safely. Keep the travel logs coming!

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb