LOS ANGELES#2 17/08/10 - 24/08/10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
December 8th 2010
Published: December 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

17/08/10

After driving for hours we arrived at Bob's house at 2300.

18/08/10

Today was a relaxing day. We spent the day in the garden with Bob, we swam in his pool and watched the many hummingbirds feeding from the bird feeders. The little hummingbirds are really neat and sound like little helicopters.

19/08/10

Today we went to Disneyland 'the happiest place on earth' and joined in with the kids! The place was very well run and we didnt have to que for long. The rides were well done with lots of props. The rides were all fairly tame however. We watched the fireworks in the evening which were fantastic and a light and water show called Fantasia.

20/08/10

Today we had a late start then we drove to Hollywood Blvd and did the walk of fame, here we got to see many 'stars' Then we went back to Bob's and had a BBQ.

21/08/10

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY! Today Bob drove us to San Diego and treated us to Sea World. At Sea World we met up with his son from his previous marriage Chris and his partner and 3 year old Ralph. We went and saw shows with dolphins, whales, seals and acrobats. We also went on some rides including a water ride and we all got wet except Chris who got soaked, it was very funny! At the end of the day Bob drove us back to LA.

22/08/10

Today we spent the morning with Bob and packing our bags. In the afternoon Mike and I took a drive to New Port Beach and had some lunch. The beach was a typical LA beach. It was wide and sandy with lots of people and a long pier.

We then drove back to Bob's, said our goodbyes, packed the car and drove to Dollars where we dropped off the car and caught a shuttle to the airport. Air New Zealand had its own little terminal which made things easy and there were no real ques. We flew out of LA at 2130.

24/08/10

We arrived in Auckland at 0530 and John was there to pick us up which was nice. When we got home Tony had left our house nice and clean but within minutes it was a mess with bags and contents stewn about.

All that we have left of our trip now are our little momentos, our photos and our memories.

And that was our whirlwind tour! 18 counties and 4 continents in 81 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb