Hoover Dam/ Grand Canyon 16/08/10 - 17/08/10


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

16/08/10

After a slow start we bid farewell to Las Vegas and our money and drove towards the Grand Canyon. On the way we stopped at a typical American diner which was very interesting, we felt like we were in the movies. On the way we also stopped at the massive Hoover Dam. Unfortunately we didnt find any Transformers and it was extremely hot 110 F so we didnt hang around long.

We arrived at Mather Campground within the Grand Canyon National Park just before sunset with enough light to set up camp but we had to cook dinner by firelight. Walking back from the toilet we came across a giant Elk in the middle ofhe road. It was built like a horse but with massive antlers.

17/08/10

Today we headed just up the road to the Grand Canyon which was as massive and 'grand' as its name emplies. The colours and its sheer size was amazing. We walked along the Rim Trail from the Info Centre to Hermits Rest. We caught the shuttle bus or the last leg however and back to the car.

We left the Grand Canyon at 1400 and drove drove drove to Bob's house.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.5kb