Las Vegas 13/08/10 - 16/08/10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 7th 2010
Published: December 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

13/08/10

We arrived in Las Vegas about 2130 and checked into the Mirage, it was very busy and noisy in Las Vegas being that it was a Friday night, it was amazing and overwhelming at the same time after spending a long day in the car.

14/08/10

Today we walked along the Strip and checked out different hotels such as Treasure Island with its Pirate Ship, as well as MGM Hotel where we went to the Rainforest Cafe which was full of pretend animals and trees, real fish and thunder and lightening storms every half hour. We then visited New York New York with its roller coaster and the Bellagio where we watched the massive fountain. We returned to our hotel and had a swim in the massive pool with waterfalls, we didnt check out the wildlife sanctury because it was expensive and we were going to Sea World in a few days. After our swim we went to the Rio to watch the Penn and Teller Magic Show. We had excellent seats about 4 rows from the front. During the show I was dragged on stage by Penn to assist with a magic show where they did a trick with metal rings.

15/08/10
Today we spent a couple of hours looking at a resort and having somebody try to sell us a timeshare but as a result we got a free dinner and a show for $15 Dinner was at the Venician by the Grand Canal, we sat outside on the terrace but technically we were inside! We watched peopld going for rides on the gondalas through the resort. We also did some shopping at the Venician and I finally brought a handbag 'made in italy' Shame I couldnt find a handbag when I was in the real Italy! After the show which was The Blue Man Group and it was pretty strange, we had a play on the pokies, had a few drinks then went to bed.

16/08/10
Slow start this morning then we drove towards the Grand Canyon


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb