California Movie Stars and Earthquake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
August 11th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We landed in L.A. from the Cook Islands. The immigration people took my photo and a couple of finger prints. We were lucky that we were the only flight going through at the time so the process was quick.

We took a shuttle bus to Hollywood, stopping to let people off long the way. A couple of people were staying in the down town area, so we got to see the street theatre. It was full of freaks and we were so glad we were not staying around there.

Our hotel was 2 minutes from Hollywood Boulevard, were the Hollywood walk of fame is located. This was not a great attraction. It was a little tatty and run down. The real highlight was the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. This is the location were the stars put their hand prints and foot prints in cement. I had to have my photo taken at Marilyn Monroe's slab. This is the most popular slab in the whole square. The best time to take photos here is at night as it is too packed in the day with day trippers.

We visited Universal Studios but didn't go into the park itself as the numbers were too large. We took a subway and bus ride to Sunset and walked down the main part. We saw the hotel Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz own, The Viper Room etc.

The next day we did a short tour of the stars homes. While we were on the tour there was an earthquake but we felt nothing at all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Do you recognise this???Do you recognise this???
Do you recognise this???

It was a location used in the Memories of a Geisha film. It is a Japanese restaurant in Hollywood.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb