San Francisco Ohh it was cold


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Redding
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We travelled from LA to San Francisco on a cheap coach. It was run by a company called USAsia. You guessed it we were the only none Asians on the coach. All the information was in Chinese, so we ended up just following the crowd to ensure that the coach didn't go without us.


When we disembarked in China town the bus drive kept thanking only Phil and me. Then as we were trying to find a cab the coach driver went passed and was blowing his horn and waving at us. We must have been a novelty for the bus driver.

We stayed in a historic hotel on Market street, right in the centre of the city. It was really foggy and cold when we arrived, I put my jacket on it was that cold.

As I remembered from my visit to San Fran 20 years ago, there were still loads of homeless people begging and going through the bins.

We missed out on a couple of sites, due to the sheer number of tourists. The queue for the cable car at Market and Poole snake, for looked like an never ending,length. So instead of
Dinner at the hotelDinner at the hotelDinner at the hotel

This was expensive once the tax was added.
getting that we walked to China town instead.

We had an amazing sub in french bread in an authentic Italian in North Beach. It has had great write ups. There was so much sauce in mine I ended up ruining a pair of trousers, but it was worth it.

We visited Lombard street, the crookedest street in the world, pier 39 and it's famous residents the seals.
We walked through Fisherman's Wharf. Then hopped in a taxi to the Golden Gate Park. They have a Japanese garden there so had to pay a visit. The garden was a little over crowed, with it being the weekend. I had been here 20 years ago and could remember the quirky bridge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Speak no evilSpeak no evil
Speak no evil

see no evil hear no evil


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb