San Fran Golden Gate


Advertisement
Published: April 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What an epic day!!!!
Started at the bike hire shop at 8am. Made our way to the Golden Gate Bridge. Pretty amazing! Made our way across checking out the views if the city and Alcatraz, but also constantly reminded of the suicidal aspect this bridge has...there are phone boxes with notices on them saying to call for help and counselling and reminding people that if they jump it may result in death.

Arrived in Sausalito at 10, so stopped for breakfast. Quite a cute seaside town, but nothing compared to what lay ahead.

From there we made our way to Mill Valley and checked out the huge redwoods. So amazing and the houses that are built amongst them...incredible!

From there we headed to Tiburon. A very tough ride. Blair ended up biking beside me to push me up the hill. Was so tired!!! And bike too slow apparently. But in my defence I am still overcoming a cold but we made it. Tiburon is the most beautiful town. Their library, town hall, even their fire station is so gorgeous and quaint. Hung out at this seaside town for an hour while we waited for our ferry ride back to San Fran. (They took our bikes on the ferry so didn't have to bike the 38km back). Ferry docked at pier 33 so a decent ride back through the traffic to Fisherman's wharf. Managed to run 4 red lights!! Awesome!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb