Journey to San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
October 31st 2012
Published: October 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Early rise at 5.45am yawn yawn eventually left LA at 9.15am as the coach got caught up in heavy traffic. First stop for lunch was at supposedly Danish town of Solvang?? Will check with my sons partner to see if it's authentic and looks anything like Danish architecture, quite charming either way. Next stop a place called Hearst Castle built around 1900 by a millionaire who owned several newspapers. Apparently all the rich famous and interesting people were invited, Charlie Chaplin, David Niven etc. The house was on top of a hill overlooking the ocean so the views were great. For the first time in my life I witnessed the whole of the sea covered in a blanket of mist it looked interesting unite interesting but when you have visited places like Chatsworth nothing compares I'm afraid. We eventually got to San Francisco around 9.30pm.

Day two yet again an early start not liking this although it was a 7am start today. First stop Stamford University not really sure why we stopped there other than its a famous university saw their church which was quite nice decorated on the front.

Next stop Golden Gate bridge, bit of a problem you couldn't see it for sea mist, ha ha!!

Next stop Fishermans Wharf where we saw the seals which was the highlight of the day for me. spent the afternoon walking around San Francisco with my Chinese friend. Walked to the top of Lombard Road which has a 19degree gradient very steep made it to the top and back down again. Need a gin and tonic!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb