Los Angeles City of Angels


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
October 27th 2012
Published: October 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Have caught up on sleep after the sixty hour train trip, we passed near to the Mexican border where the housing was very different to the Eatsern side of the USA. it seems very run down more like trailers rather than houses, not really sure what you would do for a job in that sort of environment. Mining maybe?? I guess you can see why the Mexican people want to get over the border for a better standard of living. Arrived in LA at Union station, rather a grand place with marble floors and ornate walls, it's nice that they have kept the historic architecture, there are big sort of leather armchairs joined together in a row of about four really comfy for a weary traveller. Also there are quiet garden areas where you can sit, fish tanks and fountains, you don't need posh hotels just go to Union Station. Have booked a trip from Monday to Yosemite National Pak pronounced usemity?? San Francisco and a Danish village nearby. Then back to LA til I sort out the next trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



28th October 2012

Why don't you fly up to Canada?
29th October 2012

Only me
It does all look rather bleak!!!! Hope your not affected by the awful weather over there? Sorry we missed you at the weekend. We're in next Saturday evening if you want to try again but not Friday or Sunday. Love you lots xxx
27th November 2012

Traveling by train for so long hours? It is not a good idea, definitely will get tiered. Not far from LA Santa Barbara, Solvang and Hearst castle are one of the sought tourist destinations. Do have a visit in your next trip.

Tot: 0.355s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.2312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb