A day at 'The Bay'


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 28th 2009
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 162 (Monday 28/09/09, NJJ)
Up at 5.45am. After breakfast we packed the van up to be at San Francisco airport by 7am. We had hurried 'byes' because Jamie couldn't park anywhere. I was especially sad to see the three J's leaving as I felt quite spoilt that we'd shared so much with them. It was good though to think we had over a month for just the two of us to enjoy the last of our travelling and honeymoon. We dropped the Wedding Wagon off and picked up a more normal size car for the next couple of days. We drove to downtown San Francisco and along part of the 49 mile scenic drive. We drove over the very misty Golden Gate bridge. Visited Crissy Field Centre, the Presidio and Fort Point National Historic Park.
The weather was dull and windy for the morning. We drove down Lombard Street, visited Coit Tower and then after parking walked to Pier 33. This was where we got the ferry across to Alcatraz island. We did the walking and audio tour, very interesting. When back on terra firma we wandered along Pier 39 to see the infamous sealions. We then drove back to near the Golden Gate bridge as the weather had improved and we wanted more pics. We were both shattered by the evening, and I also had a sore throat, so we drove back to Redwood City where we had food again at Sizzler before retiring to bed early.When we actaully stopped to relax at the hotel I felt quite upset at the parents absence. I was fine the whole time travelling before they joined us then it was especially difficult when they left.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb