San Francisco Spring Break 2008 Day 1


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Flight To San FranciscoFlight To San FranciscoFlight To San Francisco

I saw this beautiful lake from the airplane window. I am very curious as to which lake it is. We flew from Houston to San Fran non-stop on Southwest. Anyone have any ideas?
San Francisco Spring Break Tour 2008!!!

I've always been fascinated by the city by the bay and spending a good 6 days with Tony and friend was going to be a fun!

We flew to San Francisco early in the morning and arrived around noon. Along the way I saw an awesome array of mountains and geographical features. It’s the only thing that makes flying seem not so scary. I love to see mountains and fields and rivers and flood plains from up on high. It soothes me.

Once in San Fran we headed straight to the hotel, which was a block away from Chinatown. We gorged ourselves on Chinese food at a little whole in the wall. It was great food.

We attempted to walk through the city but all the hills made it difficult. I will have to remember that the rest of the week. San Fran is a pretty city but it has too many wires going to and fro. I wish they'd make them all underground. And there are too many hills. Booo hills! But the hills make lovely views of the city below!

We spent our first late afternoon making it
Mountains!Mountains!Mountains!

I heart snow. I heart mountains. I heart snowy mountains.
to Coit Tower to look at the bay below us. Its been a great start to vacation so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

ChinatownChinatown
Chinatown

Chinatown Gate welcomes the tourist.
Chinese FoodChinese Food
Chinese Food

When in Chinatown, do as the Chinese do...and eat Chinese food...plenty of it.
Transamerica PyramidTransamerica Pyramid
Transamerica Pyramid

Its bigger than it looks but smaller than you thought.
San Francisco StreetsSan Francisco Streets
San Francisco Streets

This is NOT a walking city, unless you are into that sort of thing. But it makes for wonderful views!
Coit TowerCoit Tower
Coit Tower

We finally reached Coit Tower!


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb