San Fran part 3


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tom: The day actually got worse, about 1 hour after we went to bed some bloke tapped Tim on the shoulder and said "excuse me, i think you are in my bed", so at silly-o-clock in the morning we made one last move to another bedroom and finally got some sleep. However more fun and games were brewing as we (finally) slept. Tims mobile woke us both up at 7am thursday morning and it was his letting agency politely informing him that if they didn't speak to him before monday they were going to put the house on the market!

It's now Saturday and hopefully everything is settled, so we blissfully turned back into tourists and had some fun.

Friday saw us visit 'The Rock', which was really interesting and full of history and secrets. The audio tour of Alcatraz was really good, even better as it was included in the ferry tour fee. We've both decided that we'll be watching some old Alcatraz based movies when we return to Blighty.

After we escaped The Rock we went out into town to see a Comedy Club which was suprisingly funny - even considering they were americans :P. 5 really good acts, unfortunately i don't remember any of the performers names as we'd taken a silly amount of beer into the BYOB event.

Full of beer we went back into a local bar with 3 good pool tables and promptly got challenged to doubles by a group of equally drunk hispanics. Much confusion over the rules, it seems everyone plays by their own version and swears they're the 'offical' rules. We can gladly report they even tho we played by the home rules we soundly thrashed them. Even tho Tim did kinda let the side down by poncing about dashingly with a rose behind his ear and/or in his mouth for much of the evening. He may deny it and alas i have no incriminating evidence.

Today we finally got some much needed excercise as we rented some mountain bikes for 4 hours and cycled round the Bay area. Some amazing vistas as we cycled over the Golden Gate Bridge and northwards to a small ferrytown on the northern shore of the bay to catch the ferry back over the bay.

Alas we're struggling to find a hostel with a normal pc setup with some USB ports so we can connect the camera to share the wealth of pictures we have. Unless we get lucky soon they might have to wait until we return.

Almost out of time, bbs


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb