Las Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 19th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tom: We're in Vegas baby! god we love this place, it's so over the top. Slot machines at the airport, at the 7-11, at the hostel, in every bar, slot machines everywhere. It's silly hot aswell, 42C during the day, and dropping to a 'chilly' 30C or so overnight. Thank God for air conditioning (and beer).

Wisely we both left our cashcards etc in the hostel and we hit the Strip with $100 each to lose and amazingly even tho we drank and gambled for the next 6 hours we both managed to make a profit! Each casino we visited was amazing, starting at the Bellagio, onto Ceasars Palace and Paris, plus a quick wander in one or two others. Drinks on the house - aslong as you're gambling of course, and so the evening went well. Tim had lots of luck on the smaller slot machines - 1cent (about 0.5p) a time and he skillfully managed to take 11$ from a 1c machine whilst he danced on his seat to the jangly music is played as it added on his winnings.

I wasn't having much luck on the smaller machines and by the time we'd entered the Paris
Bellagio & Ceasars PalaceBellagio & Ceasars PalaceBellagio & Ceasars Palace

bellagio (left) and Ceasars (right)
casino i was down to $50 or so, and then i had my lucky moment, winning almost $60 from one 25c gamble 😊. Quite pleased to end the night both up we played on the video poker machines for an hour or so, and damn they are addictive, much more so for me than the slot machines.

For our second night in Vegas we hit a local bar to watch the NBA final (Lakers vs. Celtics), and even there gambling was promoted. The game here was that each barmaid was allowed one 'Shake-a-shift' meaning that only once per person per barmaid shift were u allowed to roll 5 dice to see if you could win what was in the pot.

So egged on by a friendly local we decided to put our 1$ in the pot, which gave 3 throws of the dice. On Tims 3rd throw of the dice he hit the jackpot, 5 of a kind, in this case 5 3's and this gave us all the money in the pot. Not a huge amount, about 20$ each but more than enough to make us smile and bless Vegas once again.

We're off to the Grand Canyon next, using a small town called Saint George as a staging post so we can spend a full day at the canyon before returning back to Vegas for one night.

Advertisement



20th June 2008

well done boys
hey i see you are rich now- i thought you are meant to lose money in casinos you jammy gits!!!! well done!
22nd June 2008

rjnqoiwanfu
You boys seem to be having loadsa fun still. Up in Vegas?! Don't believe that!! Well the news from outside of the US: I have a bruise that actually defines 'black and blue' on my leg on the same thigh as two pulled muscles but amazingly I'm still able to play football (tho only in goal) and cricket (its only old men). Oh and Simon pulled out of the running for the Zimbabwe election today. 'It's my country you know.' CHRIS

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.8kb