Bon Voyage!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
January 9th 2011
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got up around 7:30am. Everyone went to get coffee except me. They brought me back a latte. We drank coffee out on the balcony. Then everyone took showers, we packed everything up and headed to the cruise port. It was just a short walk from the hotel. We dropped off our luggage and checked in. It all went very smoothly and we were on the ship by 12:30. Our rooms would not be ready until 1:30 so we all went to the Lido deck and had lunch: hamburgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza….real healthy. We saw Nick and Margie Giordano, Larry and Henna, Bobbie and Annie and Ron and Lynn.
By the time our luggage came and we unpacked, it was time to take showers and get ready for dinner. Lola discovered the ice cream machine and already had 4 before dinner.
Dinner is at 6PM and our group takes up 3 tables. There is 7 in my family, including Uncle Don. Dinner was great, already eating too much! After dinner we decide to go to a show (Lola wants to go). How does she even know what a ‘show’ is?
Well, we get to the lounge and the show doesn’t start for another 45 minutes….for now they are having a ballroom dancing lesson on stage. Henna asks Lola if she wants to dance and they head for the stage. Lola is totally fearless and loves the spotlight. I video taped it and it is precious. By the time the dance lesson is over, Lola is tired (me too) and we take her back to our room. We want her to sleep with us but she wants her daddy. She told me her daddy needs her.
It was a fun first day and it really is great to all be together.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb