Oscars, pandas and frozen yogurt - San Diego, CA - February 2009


Advertisement
Published: October 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

ZooZooZoo

These guys were very playful when we were there
Well,
We had to make the trip to San Diego. Our friend Bekah, who works at the San Diego Film Festival, was having an Oscar party so we had to go and support. We flew out Saturday morning and came back Monday morning - so not much will be talked about here since we were there for less than 36 hours.

Again the thing that will kill us here is the names of the places we ate at. Sorry, I will pay better attention in the future. Saturday night we ate at a sushi place downtown San Diego. For the 4 of us it was like $35 with drinks included and we had a lot of sushi. Again unfortunately don't ask me the name. Afterwards we drove to Point Loma to have frozen yogurt. You put on your own toppings and pay by weight so you can just imagine how huge these things get.

The Oscar party was Sunday night so we basically had Sunday morning to do something. We went to the zoo naturally since this is probably the attraction San Diego is known for most besides the boring weather (70 degrees all year - sorry I need
ZooZooZoo

Awesome picture babe
my seasons). We did the whole SAN DIEGO ZOO in about 3 hours. We just ran from one place to the next and really this is not the way to see this zoo because there are so many exhibitions and so many things to see that you usually do not get to see at other zoos. We were literally running everywhere. So yeah we barely saw things, but we saw everything. The PANDAS and the little tiger cubs were definitely a highlight and the GORILLAS are always a hit. The tiger cubs were just very playful at the time we got there so they were chasing and ambushing each other at every chance they got. This is definitely a zoo made for the kids and you would need at least a full day if you have kids. Just beware of the price. This zoo comes at a premium which I sometimes probably find hard to justify - $78 for the two of us. And this does not include any food or drinks so for a family of four this could very quickly become very expensive.

That night we had the Oscar party at .... Needless to say I don't
ZooZooZoo

Lazy panda
remember the name of the restaurant. All I know is that the chef was on the tv show "Top Chef". We are trying to become more cultured so there we sat watching Slumdog win every freakin award. I was not happy, but oh well. It really takes all the suspense out of it, but I guess that happens every so often. It was a really fun night and we won free passes to the San Diego Film Festival in September so we may be back pretty soon. San Diego is a fun city with a lot to do and we will definitely recommend this to people. I know some people that go there every year for their annual vacation because they just love the city and the weather.

Unfortunately we can cross off only one thing from our books - SAN DIEGO ZOO. So 37 down and 3,007 to go.

Til next time


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

OscarsOscars
Oscars

We were trying our best to avoid the paparazzi - but they caught us sneaking in!!!!


Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb